Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Dad's WWII Letters to Mom


Dale Baker has dedicated a blog to his father’s letters to his mother during World War II. Duke’s letters tell the story of his personal journey during the war, focusing on his devotion to Anna Mae. Revealing everything from Duke’s sharp wit to his internal struggles, these letters are a fascinating read. Plus, Dale’s commentary and keen eye for web design add to this blog’s appeal. Thank you, Dale, for sharing your parents’ WWII memories with us.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing a wonderful blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have just come into the possession of my father's letters home to his parents during WWII. He was a Marine Corp Raider. They are priceless..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've featured your webpage on my site about Saving World War II Letters. Many thanks for your information.
    http://www.squidoo.com/saving-ww2-letters

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have recently received hundreds of letter that my Grandpa wrote to my Grandma during WW2. I would like to preserve them in a digital format. There are so many letter that it would seem to take forever for me to do. Do you know of any national companies that do this sort of work? Digitising etc...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Urgent need female for egg donation with the sum of $500,000.00 3 crore,Email: jainhospitalcare@gmail.com
    whatsapp +91 9945317569

    ReplyDelete